WHAT IS A SOLO/DUO/TRIO?
Solos, duos and trio are individual or semi-private group lessons available to all competitive students in the genre of dance they are currently competing in.
This is a great opportunity for students to work with a teacher/choreographer in a more intimate setting where the focus is solely on improving the technique and ability of that dancer, while boosting self confidence in a non-judgmental environment.
WHAT DOES THIS ENTAIL?
- All solo/duo/trio lessons are dependent on choreographer and studio availability.
- A solo/duo/trio consists of 4 hours of instruction.
- Dancers submit a form to the office indicating the type of routine they are interested in and list three possible teachers they would like to work with
- If doing a duo or trio, they should list who the dancers will be
- Dancers are scored on likeness to their partners
- Contact the office if you are unsure who you would be a good match with!
- Teachers who are available will make suggestions on what they feel the dancer would be best suited for
- Teachers will come up with an age appropriate song and choreography that highlights the strengths of that dancer and challenges them at the same time.
- Forms will be sent out asking dancers which and how many competitions they would like to enter their routine in
- Competition fees are billed in addition to choreography fees
Deadline for Solo/Duo/Trio Applications is October 2017! Don’t miss out!